CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Psalm 51


Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
      ~Psalm 51:6-12 (NIV)


I've been living off the psalms a lot lately and that particular passage has become one of my favorites.  The heart of the psalmist is just amazing.  He knows that he has done wrong and only God can make him pure again.  

The thing I like about it is the whole thing of God restoring joy.    I've been unhappy a lot lately and this past year has probably been the hardest in a long time,  but recently I've realized how time and time again God has showed me his faithfulness and he never ceases to restore his joy in my life.  It's such a wonderful gift :D

Anyway,  I've got to wrap up this post because it's almost dinner time (we're have Burrito/Enchilada things - They're called Enchuritos :P) and I have studying to do.  One of my brothers is in Utah right now so it's been quiet around here ( except when my older brothers have a bunch of friends over then it gets insane).  

Gotta go! -Kale

1 comments:

Sapphira Adi said...

That verse is so awesome and one of my favorites.