CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Walking sticks, Memorial Day, and school.



I thought I'd show you what our Australian walking sticks look like. They're considered a pest in Australia and I''m not even sure where the person we got them from got them. They eat sticker bushes which is nice because we have a lot of them ;)I keep threatening to get a lizard or snake and feed them to it.

I had a really good Memorial Day weekend. I babysat on Saturday night from four to midnight. It was fun :P We played foursquare and had a connect four tournament. I brought Mario Party for the wii so we did that and watched some movies. They fell asleep during the second one so when their parents got home they could barely wake them up.

On sunday after I got back from church my family went and saw "Horton Hears a Who." I had no idea that it was still in theatres, but I guess it was! It was actually pretty funny.

Monday, I was happy because I didn't have to do school because my dad had the day off! We went over and went mini golfing and then went out to lunch. Anyway, that was my weekend.

I've been working on a paper for History about the Manhattan Project. I'm afraid it's going to end up being way too long, but since I'm just turning it in to mom I don't think she will mind. It's really a neat topic.

One thing I found interesting was that Bohr had discovered how to make heavy water. Since he knew that if it got into the wrong hands it could help in the creation of an atomic bomb, when the Nazi's invaded he dumped the heavy water in a normal beer bottle and put it next to the beer in his fridge. He was hoping that if the Nazi's raided his lab the fridge would be the last place they would look. When he fled to England he grabbed the wrong beer bottle and didn't realize it until he got there.

Oh yeah, and I also joined the YCF or "Young Christian Force." It's a group of people who's goal is to glorify God through their blogs. Pretty cool, Eh?

3 comments:

Sapphira Adi said...

Wow! Sounded like you had a very interesting weekend! Yes, very cool:)

Sapphira

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to wake up and find those bugs in my room!

I saw Horton Hears a Who. It was in the cheap theater and I took my youngest daughter who is 7. She loved it.

KaleCharis said...

Yeah, they're actually in The Temple of Doom as one of the things that creeps the girl out. We thought that was funny.