CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Sixteen Candles

Okay so as some of you know I was at our regional competition for Bible Quiz during my birthday weekend. We didn’t do amazing, but we did put forth a lot of effort and have a lot of fun.

My mom came along and she kept doing things like on Thursday before we left she gave the barista a present for me at Starbucks and told her to put it up on the bar and announce that it was my birthday. She also left a present for me at the front desk of the hotel and kept leaving stuff under my pillow. It was really fun! One of my quiz coaches gave me button/ribbon that said “Birthday Girl” on it and another one bought me sixteen roses of all different colors (I still have them and it’s making me sad that they’re drying out ). We had to quiz all day Friday and it was such a long day. Quiz is really exhausting. It’s hard to explain if you haven’t done it.

On Friday night we went to an Italian restaurant. When we got there they said it was going to be an hour and a half wait, but my quiz coach was like “Well, I have this girl and it’s her Birthday” so they said they’d make it only 20 minutes! The place was really neat and all the servers had to wear funny hats so one guy had a stuffed pink bunny on his head . They brought me a gigantic candle made from a wine bottle and hot brownies with ice cream on them. It was great and we all shared the brownies and ice cream.

My friend and I had a lot of fun playing ninjas in the halls of the hotel. She’s pretty much the brown haired version of me and so we get pretty crazy when we’re together. Anyway, sadly we didn’t make very good ninjas because people could always hear us coming and like one guy hid until we came around the corner and jumped out at us. I actually screamed and fell down <_<

Anyway on Friday night we played phase 10 in the common area at the top of the stairs and then someone came and told us to go back to our room. When we got there my mom and some of my friends had made a little party for me and put up a bunch of Hawaiian themed decorations (I still have a bunch of those little drink umbrellas). They also had music playing and had made cake. We had eaten so much food at the Italian place that no one was hungry so we got one of the other teams to come eat it with us :P

One of the coolest things was that before my birthday my mom had gotten letters and pictures from my friends and made a scrapbook out of it. It’s amazing. I almost started crying when I was looking at it. Everyone had put in something that was so unique to who they are.

Anyway, I had a great birthday. Sixteen still sounds really old. I suppose I’ll get used to it…or not.

Oh, When I got back one of my youth leaders/neighbors had put a bag of chocolate in our mailbox! Mint Truffle Hershey’s Kisses are amazing. Really, Try them.

EDIT: What look like bold faced I's were smiley faces, but they didn't transfer over when I put this in blogger from word. I like using word because otherwise blogger constantly saves it when I'm not done.

12 comments:

Roheryn said...

Hey'a!
That sounds like fun!!!

heh... feeling old at 16...
I'm only 18 and I feel old at times!
like when I mention Captain Planet...

Amber said...

Hey there - KaleCharis, you posted on my blog at ybtolerant.wordpress.com about Bryan Davis books and mentioned the DioM Forum - I'm using my old blogger account right now so that I can post here -
took me awhile to find your blog, but I found ya and I thought I would tell you that I registered on the member fan forum for DioM with the nickname ybtolerant - if you end up finding me there!!

:) thank you for mentioning it, hopefully I don't get obsessed!!

Amber * YBT

Sapphira Adi said...

Glad you had an awesome birthday! Can I add a link yo your blog from mine? If I can, I'll make it on Monday!

KaleCharis said...

Roh, I'm only two years younger than you and I don't know who Captian Planet is. If I ever get to meet you we'll have to watch it together :)

Amber, That's awesome! I love the DIOM forum. It's a great group of people and everyone is so encouraging. I'm NotyourAverageGirl on there.

Saphi, Sure! I add you to my links too.

Sapphira Adi said...

By the way, Do you want to join the YCF?

KaleCharis said...

I'm not sure, What exactly is it? You all keep mentioning but I've never seen a definition of what it is.

Sapphira Adi said...

Oh, sorry! I thought I've told you. Maybe that was someone else:) Okay, the YCF is a group of teens or kids that try to spread Jesus around the Internet. We support each other and are really good friends, too. We keep Jesus in all we do, too. I think we have nineteen members, now. The YCF started in mid February and started with foru original people. Me, Araken, Ian, and Shelby Marie. So there's the definition. lol.

Sapphira

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! I thought I posted that here but I think I posted it under your post on my blog.

Anonymous said...

oops. i meant under your comment not under your post.

KaleCharis said...

that sounds neat Saphi. What would I have to do to join?
Thanks Stivin'!

Sapphira Adi said...

You don't have to do anything if you want to join the YCF. All you'd have to do is tell someone you want to join and you're in! So do you want to join? If yes, I'll make a huge announcement!

Sapphira

KaleCharis said...

Ah, I'd love to join then!

A huge announcement? For me? I feel so special!