CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tidings of Comfort and Joy!

I'm sitting here hoping I can write this fast enough that I'll still have internet when I go to save it. The weather has been crazy. I can't remember ever having snow and ice for a whole week before. It usually snows one day and is gone the next. We've been home for an hour and we've got three inches of new snow. It's really blowing too. They said on the news to prepare to be without power for a week or more O.o I've been there, done that, and I didn't enjoy it!

We've got 15 inches of snow now. I'm amazed at the fact that they say every snowflake is unique and there must be a billion just in my yard alone. I think it's so cool that God didn't make them all fit the same mold. I love it when it's snowing and you can actually see the snowflake shape when they land on you. I used to think they were all just white blobs, and I'm glad they're not.

Our driveway is really steep and when we tried to go up it tonight we slid all over the place and started sliding backwards toward the road. The brakes were doing nothing and my dad kept saying "Pray" as we got rolling faster. We ended up getting turned enough that we got stuck on some new snow. God protected us and helped us get turned around. We did have to hike up a ways, but we were safe. It's funny, I keep being reminded of how God sends angels to protect his people. I actually have a cool story about them from Ethiopia that I'll have to post.

For now, Merry Christmas! Stay warm and safe wherever you are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love snow. as long as it isn't wild!!

Nuntius said...

Merry Christmas indeeeedy.

Heh, we got stuck in our driveway too. Fortunately, we managed to get it all the way up with some deicer.

KaleCharis said...

We got stuck worse on Christmas Eve morning. We were trying to get on the driveway from the field and just slid and slid into the snow. We got the truck to try and pull us out and then we got it stuck too! My grandpa had to go and get the bulldozer to pull them both out :)