CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lessons from Ethiopia

I went to Ethiopia because I wanted to be able to be Christ to other people in a tangible way. I never thought that instead I would see Christ in them.

One young man worked all day at the clinic even though he also had to work and go to school at night. Another used all the money he had to buy stuff so he could make us popcorn. He just wanted to bless us.

The interpreters paid their own money to take several taxis to get to the clinic. I wish you could see them witness – They were so honest and you could tell they had a passion for God. The loved these people and when we would all pray together it didn’t matter that we were speaking English and they were speak Amharic because there such a spirit of unity.

I’ll never forget the girl who came up to me and gave me a hug and said “I love you” over and over again or the little boys who followed me around trying to get me to play with them.

One lady came in and wanted prayer for her muslim family. They had kicked her out of her house because she became a Christian and now she was living on the street. She didn’t complain about it – She just talked about how God had been so faithful in her life.

I met a few other Christians who were living on the street and what I saw amazed me. They were some of the most joyful people I’ve ever met. It made me realize that joy really isn’t based on things. It comes from knowing Christ and the freedom he brings.

5 comments:

Araken said...

Awesome revelation, Kale! Realizing that our identity is in Christ is where joy truly begins

Anonymous said...

you went to Ethiopia?!!

hi! I am Teresa's sister (you commented on her blog) My name is Lauren ann. I like your blog. I am only 13 years old! I have 2 blogs.

Lauren Ann

Teresa Genevieve said...

that is so cool that you were able to go to Euthiopia and see God work in a whole new way! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

~Teresa

Bria Cosper said...

Wow! A girl you didn't know just came up and gave you a hug and said that? I bet it's fun to travel to different countrys. I have never been farther that Colorado.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog on the computer! I went to Africa on mission trips and if you want to I'd love to talk to you and share some stories with you. God Bless!!

Meagen Imperial